Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Taking on the Big Apple

Apprehensive about the bitter cold I was about to endure. I overpacked my body bag of a suitcase and boarded  my flight for NYC for a much needed girls weekend. I wasn't originally thrilled at the idea of tackling New York City with the girls in the blistering cold when the original itinerary was supposed to be Las Vegas.

This was the best trip we've taken in a long time. I can't remember the last time I've had that much fun. I have a tendency to feel disconnected from my friends a lot since I can't be around as much as I would like due to my demanding schedule. I have learned in my 30 years of life that ALL relationships require work, not just the ones with significant others but friends and family members (my family is a post for another day, geesh, SMH). 

The great thing about real friends is even if life gets hectic, which is usually does, with real friends, you can pick up right where you left off. There was nothing but laughter and joy and catching up on each others lives. Of course I'm not the only one busy, I have an exceptional group of friends; we are all intelligent, ambitious, loving, and slightly cray cray, LOL, taking over the world is hard work. We can catch up with each other one on one but to get together collectively, sometimes we can go months at a time. As a single mother its so easy to lose your identity and become only defined by your child; fellowship with those who knew and loved you before you took on that role helps to keep one from feeling like you no longer exist as a person but only a facilitator from someone's life. I don't take anything away from motherhood, its one of the greatest joy's in life but it feels good to be Jenara sometimes, not just Tylen's mom. I never wanna feel like I lose sight of who "Jenara" is, and weekend's like this past one helps in that. 

Now that the battery's recharged, back to our regularly scheduled program. Well not before a few pics: 

Made everyone suffer because I wanted to go to the Financial District (that's the NYSE behind me) Note my flyy flat twist out (couldn't tell me nothin)


Me and the girls in Times Square


Heading out to more clubs than I can remember :P



My first trip to Chipotle, had the Steak Burrito Bowl...Moe's is in trouble if they ever come here


The best pizza and Baked Ziti I've ever had in my life, thank you for existing Pizza Rustica

No comments:

Post a Comment